I wrote this song on Thursday as I was out carrying the mail. I sang it as I wrote it. Or I wrote it as I sang it. Either way this is how it came out. I sang it at church this morning.
The song is at the 15-minute mark in this video of our church service.
I Still Have Some Livin’ To Do
His mercies are new every morning
but my morning glories haven’t bloomed.
It feels like the whole world’s dying
while I still have some livin’ to do.
There are butterflies in the garden
orange and pink, golden wings.
They scatter and fly away on the breeze
and I’m left alone to sing.
Grace, Lord, grace and love,
goodness to start the day.
Faith, hope and charity,
our strength along the way.
I hear dogs barking at strangers
and sirens screaming down the road,
if I know my brother’s struggling
let me help to shoulder the load.
My heart will keep on beating.
My feet will keep on the way.
I won’t stop though I stumble,
soon the night gives way to the day.
Grace, Lord, grace and love,
goodness to start the day.
Faith, hope and charity,
our strength along the way.
His mercies are new every
morning
but my morning glories never bloomed.
It feels like the whole world’s dying
but I
still have some livin’ to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment