Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pas de Deux

I don't know what happened, but somehow blogspot swallowed two of my writings, so I am reposting them.

Pas de Deux

We make these practiced poses
and take the ritual steps
beneath the gaze of spectators who’ve come
to be amused and aroused,
entertained by the spilling of blood
            (whether yours or mine – they don’t care).

And so we dance: Step step flourish,
step turn, step turn, flourish.

I will hold as you charge.
I will thrust as you pass,
and I will weep as the crowd
throws their affection

or

I will flinch as you approach
and be bone crushed into bloodied sand
beneath your crashing hooves and
eviscerated by your gory horns.

Either way, the dance
will end step turn
flourish
with death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails