Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

The Owner of this Property Is Armed

 

For the past several months I have been working as a United States Postal Carrier in a rural community in central Iowa. It's hard work, but I enjoy it. I'm outside, working independently, and helping the community. It's good work. 

And I observe a lot as I carry the mail. All through the month of October I watched people putting up thier Halloween decorations. Now those are coming down and Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations are going up. 

One of the things that I've observed at a number of the homes that I deliver to are stickers at the front door that declare: The owner of this property is armed and prepared to protect life and property from criminal offense. There is nothing inside worth risking your life for.

Now - the question I have is is this: IF there is nothing in the house worth dying for AND the owner of the house is still willing to shoot and kill for it - what does that say about the owner of that house? 

If none of it is worth dying for - why are they willing to kill for it? 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails