Pages

google analytics

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Queen of Tarts

I am considering the possibility of entering this painting in the upcoming county fair. I will probably enter three or four - maybe five paintings.  I'm also considering whether or not to enter some photographs and digital art as well.  We'll see.


Last year I entered three paintings.  The most memorable comment that I received from the judge was I need to "tone down" my colors.  Ha! What does that judge know anyway? I still got two 3rd place and a 2nd place ribbon.

I wasn't alone in my lack of appreciation for the judges comments.  Several of the folks that I paint with once a week received comments that were less than helpful.

The Queen of Tarts
 Mixed Media on paper (Acrylic paint, spray paint, collaged paper.)  Click on the picture to see it full sized.  Thank you.


(I removed the image - apparently I've maxed out my uploading limit...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails