Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Books

This year I was given a couple of Barnes and Nobel gift certificates for Christmas.  I can't think of a better gift.  I live by Desiderius Erasmus' quote "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."

Last night I placed my order and have already received confirmation that, at least some of, my books are already on their way.  They probably won't make it here by Christmas, but that's okay.  I'll have plenty to read in the new year.

Here's my list:

The Human Faces of God: What Scripture Reveals When It Gets God Wrong (And Why Inerrancy Tries to Hide It) - by Thom Stark   (thanks to my friend Stephen Douglas at Undeception for this recommendation.)

What Saint Paul Really Said: Was Paul of Tarsus the Real Founder of Christianity - by N.T. Wright

Early Narrative Christology  - by Rowe Kavin

Preaching Mark's Unsettling Messiah - by David Fleer

                      and for some fiction:

Tuck (Volume Three of the King Raven Trilogy) - by Stephen Lawhead

That should keep me busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails