Pages

google analytics

Monday, December 19, 2016

I’m Dreaming of Red Kettles – What a Wonderful World


I’m tired of Christmas (and it’s not even Christmas yet). I’m tired of the red kettles. I’m not resting at night because even then I’m still out with my kettle.

Saturday night I dreamt that I was playing my guitar at a red kettle just inside the doors of the mall. I was playing what sounded like a Huey Lewis and the News cover version of Joey Ramone’s version of What a Wonderful World…

As people walked past and dropped in their donations, I considered whether or not it would be too cold to have church services on Sunday morning… A real concern in central Iowa winters when the temperatures drop below zero and the roads get icy. Our mostly older congregation has a difficult time with those kind of days. And I don't want them to get sick or hurt.

But my song and my deliberations were interrupted. Suddenly a torrent of some foul, blue-green, antiseptic fluid began gushing from my nose, spraying down my shirt, and all over my guitar.  That's when I woke up.

What a wonderful world…






No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails