Pages

google analytics

Friday, January 6, 2017

A Sonnet for the Moon

I've written Limericks and Haiku, a Ghazal and a Cinquain but this is my first attempt at a Sonnet:

A Sonnet for the Moon
The moon is close and full, or will be soon;
I’m watching as it rises in the sky,
and I realize that I hate the moon
though I do not know, and cannot say why.
An uncertain promise of silver light,
waxing, waning, but still remaining cold;
youthful lovers may embrace through the night,
but I am lonely, and I have grown so old.
And you, who were my illumination,
my light in darkest nights, my radiance,
have, like wandering moon, changed and now shun
the one you once loved, and have no patience
                for my words of love, and grief, and sorrow.
                Like the moon, love’s brief and gone tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails