Pages

google analytics

Monday, April 12, 2010

I May Have Lost a Lot of Important Things

Yesterday my laptop - that MPC brand piece of ...well

Yesterday that laptop bit the dust, gave up the ghost, shuffled off the mortal coil and joined the choir invisible.  It is now an ex-laptop.  It is defunct.  It is no more. It has ceased to be.

There were some important things on there that  might not be recoverable:  Several years worth of sermons, other assorted writings, background images for media presentations, videos, music...

When I turn it on now all I get is the message "Operating System Not Found"

The wizards in the IT department at headquarters are going to wave their wands over it to see if they can restore it to life but, I'm in a glass-half-empty kind of mood about it.  I don't expect much.

But here's hoping, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails