Pages

google analytics

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Like a Crown

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to perform as part of a fundraiser concert for a local charitable organization.  Various church choirs, ensembles, and soloists were asked to sing or play a song.  I was originally going to play a  song on my guitar, but decided (at nearly the last minute) to do something different.

Instead, I performed Like a Crown - a selection from The Odes Project.  The Odes Project has set some of Christianity's earliest hymns - from the Odes of Solomon - into contemporary music.



This is Ode number 1

  1. The Lord is on my head like a crown, and I shall never be without Him.
  2. Plaited for me is the crown of truth, and it caused Your branches to blossom in me.
  3. For it is not like a parched crown that blossoms not;
  4. For You live upon my head, and have blossomed upon me.
  5. Your fruits are full and complete; they are full of Your salvation....




To download a copy of the odes project version of this song click here.

I used two sounds from the Freesound Project
Polar
N Dimensional Parallel Space 

2 comments:

  1. hi, nice one...
    can i use this for my project. (tq)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. If you post any of it online, I'd appreciate a link so I can check it out as well.

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails