Pages

google analytics

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Alternate Nativities: The Ode of Mary

Consider this an Alternate Nativity

I am putting on the love of the Lord,
wearing it like a garment of praise
and He loves me, his humble servant
for how should I have known how to love the Lord,
                if He had not loved me
I love the Beloved and He loves me
and where His rest is, I too shall be.

I shall not be a stranger
for I have been united with him
the Lover has found the Beloved
and because I love him
I shall carry the Son

For the one that is joined with Him
that is Life, shall have life;
and he who has joy in the Living One
will himself become living.

This is what the Spirit of the Lord,
which does not lie,
has done for me.
Be wise and understanding.
Hallelujah. 



This Alternate Nativity is based on one of the Odes of Solomon (number 3).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails