Pages

google analytics

Monday, November 12, 2012

The Scripture in Song

Torah

 

 and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. - Genesis 1: 2

 

Adam made love to his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. - Genesis 4:1

  

Caught up in the fable I watched the tower grow …
 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens
– Genesis 11: 4

 The Prophets 



Then the Philistines seized him, gouged out his eyes and took him down to Gaza. - Judges 16: 21

  

Uriah hit the crapper, the crapper, dead… 
Moreover, your servant Uriah the Hittite is dead. -2 Samuel 11: 24


 

Go, post a lookout and have him report what he sees. -Isaiah 21: 6

 

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge… -Hosea 4: 6

 Writings 



 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. -Psalm 40: 1




 A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba. -Psalm 51:1



 
…and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow – Daniel 7: 9

The Gospels 



 I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. -Luke 22:14

  

 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him. – Luke 22:47

The Epistles

 

 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit – Ephesians 5: 19





For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. - Romans 7: 19

 The Apocalypse

 

 She has become a dwelling for demons and a haunt for every impure spirit.-Revelation 18:2





Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. – Revelation 22: 12



Obviously, this list could be greatly expanded.  Do you have any suggestions?
(The Spotify player may not show up in Feed Readers... )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails