Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pilate and Jesus: A Game of Questions

I'm preparing to preach on Sunday from John 18: 33 - 37 wherein Pilate questions Jesus.  The whole thing plays out like a scene from a Tom Stoppard play - specifically Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.  It's a game of questions.

Question: Are you the king of the Jews?
Q: Do you ask this of your own, or did others tell you about me?
Q: I'm not a Jew am I? What have you done?
Statement: My kingdom is not from this world...
Q: So you are a king?
S: You say I'm a king... Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice.
Q: What is truth?




At the end of the match between Pilate and Jesus the score is Three /Love advantage to Pilate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails