Pages

google analytics

Thursday, February 5, 2015

DMACC Creative Writing Contest Winners

As you might be aware, I am currently enrolled at the local community college; I'm finishing out some of the gen. ed requirements of a bachelor's degree.  I know. I know.  I tell people that I'm on the 25 year plan - if I am serious about it and work really hard, I can cram all four years of college into twenty five.

Anyhow - the Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) holds a creative writing contest among its students every year.  And the results for this year's contest have just been announced.

My poem: At Devils Tower with the Boys has been awarded 1st place in the the poetry section.

I'm fairly excited about that - even if they've misspelled my name on the announcement page....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails