Pages

google analytics

Monday, January 23, 2012

Mysterious Bird

I have missed painting. I haven't held my brushes since before Christmas, but today I got back to them.  I paint on Monday afternoons with a group of old ladies.  They mostly paint lighthouses and birds and tell me that my stuff is 'weird.'  Every so often I paint a bird just to keep them happy.


I finished this piece today.  I had started it back in November, but had to set it aside.  I had painted the background and put in the collage materials at the lower left corner.  (It's a couple of illustrations from an old Maytag repair catalog.) It was easy to set aside as  I really didn't have any idea of how I wanted to fill the space.  But, flipping through my sketch book I found a drawing of a bird that I thought I could translate to paint.  And so...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails