Pages

google analytics

Thursday, February 21, 2013

St. Clare - Patron Saint of Television

St. Clare photo StClair_zpsea1f17b9.jpgI'm taking a break from Biblical Limericks posts... a short break anyway. I've already got one for tomorrow and the next day scheduled.  I'm taking a break from the limericks to share another photo in my series of Saints photographs.  (You can see the previous photos here, here, and here)

These are little figurines of various saints that I have in my office.  Someone gave them to me as a gift a few years back.  I'm not Roman Catholic, offering prayers to the saints isn't part of my faith tradition, but I do like these little figures, and I am impressed and inspired by the lives of the saints.  So I keep these little trinkets in my office.

This one is St. Clare of Assisi.  She was one of the first followers of St. Francis.

In 1958 Pope Pius XII declared her the patron saint of television.  According to the stories told about her, when Clare was too ill to attend the Mass she was able to hear and see it on her bedroom wall.
God of mercy, 

You inspired Saint Clare with the love of poverty. By the help of her prayers may we follow Christ in poverty of spirit and come to the joyful vision of Your glory in the Kingdom of heaven. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son,Who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,one God, forever and ever.
Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails