Pages

google analytics

Thursday, February 7, 2013

'Tis Good, Lord, To Be Here - A New Hymn Arrangement

This year, one of the challenges that I have given myself is to write new hymns (or at least new words for old hymn tunes.)  I have written about nine so far, including one based on this week's lectionary reading from Psalm 99 -Extol the Lord, Our God (Holy Is His Name).  

And then, as I continued in my reading and my preparation for Sunday's service, I remembered that several years ago I wrote a short little melody to fit the words of an old hymn by Joseph A. Robinson  'Tis Good, Lord, To Be Here.  So this week, I seem to be especially productive (but it's only "seems.")





No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails