Pages

google analytics

Friday, March 13, 2015

Albert Schweitzer Fight Club


I was deeply disturbed and the visions that passed through my head alarmed me.  Albert Schweitzer started a secret fight club in the basement of my church.  So I approached one of those who were standing by and asked him about all this.  And in reply he said to me, “Rule number one: You don’t talk about Albert Schweitzer fight club.”

This was the horn I had watched making war on the holy ones in the basement, and proving the stronger.

“Let me give you a definition of fight club,” he said to me.  “It is good to maintain and further life.  It is bad to damage and destroy life. And this ethic, profound, and universal has the significance of a religion. It is a religion.”

I was greatly disturbed in my mind, for the highest knowledge is to know that we are surrounded by mystery.  I grew pale; but I couldn’t keep these things to myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails