Pages

google analytics

Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Limerick for Dihydrogen Monoxide


It is time for us all to decide,
we will no longer like sheep abide
while a deadly toxin’s
pumped into our systems:
NO MORE DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

Did you know that Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO)-also known as hydric acid, or hydroxyl acid-is used as a coolant in nuclear power-plants?  It is a powerful solvent and the major component of “acid rain.”  The accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in very small amounts, can cause death. Increased amounts of DHMO were found in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina.

And yet this dangerous substance is used in the making and manufacture of many beverages and snack foods and is transported across the country without regulation.  This is dangerous stuff, people.

(grin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The views, comments, statements and opinions expressed on this Web site do not necessarily represent the official position of The Salvation Army.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails