Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Continued Adventures in Backyard Gardening


In this episode of my continued adventures in backyard gardening: I use a motor tiller. Between work and rain, I've been trying to find a time to get out to the local rental shop to get a tiller to use in the backyard. (My kids, MST3K fans suggested that I should rent a forklift... and then they sing: "He tried to kill me with a forklift! ¡Olé!")

It rained this morning, but not more than a hour. It was bright and sunny the rest of the afternoon, so I rented the machine and tilled up a garden area. And just in time too. It was clouding up to rain again as I drove the tiller back to the rental shop.

It went pretty well. I've never used a big motorized tiller like this, so I was a little nervous about gory, bodily mutilation and  / or dismemberment. But, at the end of it all, I still had all ten fingers and all twelve toes (eight on one foot, and four on the other...) and the children and pets are all still accounted for.

Now I'm ready to plant my seeds: Radishes, Mustard, Cilantro, Cucumbers, Cayenne  Peppers, Squash, and a mix of flowers for the Butterflies. In smaller sections near the back porch (that I dug up by hand - too small an area for the big power tiller) we planted sunflowers, milkweed, and a mix of seeds for the bees. I also have seeds for Cat Grass that I'll put in a flower pot for our cat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails