Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's the 1,000th Post Clip Show

This is my 1,000th post here at the Thatjeffcarter Was Here blog.  It's time for the dreaded clip-show. Nobody really likes clipshows... but they're cheap to produce and are a quick fix when the writers are on strike. Here are a few of my favorite posts:

Sermons
I'm a pastor (and an artist),so I preach.  These are a few of my favorite sermons that I've posted.  It's not that I think they're world changing sermons that will forever be immortalized in homiletics textbooks for future seminarians to study.  I just like them.
Jesus Loves the Little Children...Doesn't He?
With Wild Abandon
He was Cut and Not Cut Where it Mattered, But it Didn't Matter
The Introvert and the Leper
The Burden of Nahum
Beyond the Valley of Dry Bones
A Fire Burning in My Bones - Not A Good Sermon

Paintings
I'm an artist (and a pastor), so I paint.  Not as much as I'd like to.... but I keep my brushes ready.
Cognitive Dissonance 
Capture
Cats After Dark
Silver and Gold in the Morning
Self Portrait
In the Kitchen
Valley of Bones
Overboard

Poems
I also try my hand at writing poetry.  Admittedly, my poems tend toward the weird.  But I've had a few of them published and I happen to like them.

The Second Coming of Jonathan Edwards Bickle
Rock and Roll Apocalypse (Tom Waits Style)
Ezekiel 23 (A Limerick)
Sweet Dolorous Jane
No More Christmas
Holiday Haiku (these were written by my son)
Pas de Deux
Lamentations: An Incomplete Theodicy

Music
I make a lot of music too.  And much of what I create I've made available online.  You can download these songs.
No Time for Treatment
Artifacts One and Two
Ase! Oh, Ase! Where Have You Gone?
Don't You Tell Me What to Do (featuring Captain Jean Luc Picard)
Before the Foundation of the World
The Secret Place of Thunder
Mark 1: 35

This Accursed Melody / The Stones Cry Out
I frequently collaborate with my youngest brother, Brad.  We've made a movie together - This Accursed Melody  and we are currently working on an Arabic language television program -The Stones Cry Out

Powerpoint Slides for Everyone
Each week I create a new Powerpoint (or similar presentation program) background image - and I give them  away.  You are free to download and use any of these images in any of your projects - at home, work, school, or church.  I only ask that you share them freely and that you tell others that you found them here.




Book Reviews
I like to read.  I never go anywhere without a book or two.  Today I went to get my haircut and to the DMV - both great places to read. I often share here on my blog about the books I've been reading.

The Changing Faces of Jesus - by Geza Vermes (in five parts)
The Human Faces of God - by Thom Stark
The Only True God - by James McGrath
Valley of the Dead - by Kim Paffenroth
Love Wins -by Rob Bell

This has been the 1,000th post. Perhaps we'll see 1,000 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails