Pages

google analytics

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Exit 164 - This Is Not the Supermoon

I went out this evening to take pictures of the "supermoon" - a full moon at the closest point of its orbit.  I'd checked the almanac to determine what time it would rise in all its lunar luminescence, determined what direction I would need to face, packed up my camera equipment - including a steady tripod - and walked several blocks from my house.

Alas, no moon - super or otherwise.  Storm-clouds rolling across the sky obscured the moon. No worries, however.  There will be two more of them this year.  I'll try again.

But rather than calling it a wasted evening's effort, I decided to try something else.  I set up my tripod on the overpass (carefully watching for traffic) and took several pictures of the cars and trucks going by below me on Interstate 80.

It's a 15 second exposure with my favorite lens (a super-takumar 50mm).

Exit 164 by Jeff Carter on 500px

Photograph Exit 164 by Jeff Carter on 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails