Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Parable of the Impertinent Widow


Then Jesus sat down with his friends and said, “Have I ever told you the one about the impertinent widow?

Peter interrupted him to say, “Jesus, don’t you mean the persistent widow?

Jesus glared at him. “I said impertinent. Listen: In a certain city there was an official, a judge who neither feared God nor had respect for the people. In that same city there was a widow who kept coming to him, over and over and over again saying, ‘Grant me justice against my opponent.’ For a long time the respectable and authoritative judge refused, but she just kept coming at him. Eventually he said to himself, ‘I have no fear of God and no respect for anyone, but because this widow keeps bothering me, I will hear her case so that she won’t wear me out with her continual requests.’”

When Jesus stopped, Peter said, “Yeah, Jesus.  That’s the persistent widow…”

“Who’s telling this story, Peter?” asked Jesus. "She's the impertinent widow."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails