Pages

google analytics

Saturday, June 28, 2014

(Not So) Biblical Limericks: Another Limerick for Mark Driscoll


No limp-wristed, hair product user,
Mark Driscoll’s God is a right bruiser.
“If I can kick his ass
then he’s not got the brass;
I won’t worship some hippie loser.”



There is a strong drift toward the hard theological left.  Some emergent types [want] to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made pithy Zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of shoes.  In Revelation, Jesus is a pride fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed. This is a guy I can worship.  I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up." - Mark Driscoll



The previous limerick for Mark Driscoll 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails