Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lectionary Resources for January 12, 2014

I have, over the course of the years I've been writing on this blog, accumulated a number of posts on a variety of topics and biblical passages - including a couple that are appropriate for this coming Sunday's lectionary readings.  Sometimes it's good to bring them back up again.

You are free to use them as your own if you like them.

- Isaiah 42: 1 - 9 - The first of the "Servant Songs" - and my poetic interpretations of them.

He’s not like the others
        Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!
clamoring for attention,
shouting from televised church pulpits,
desperate for public authority.

-Psalm 29 - A Hymn to the Lord of the Storm - a hymn that I wrote based on this psalm.

Over the seas his voice is heard
the glorious God thunders,
the Lord is over mighty waves

his echoing voice is strong.

O children of the Lord,
give glory and give strength,
give to the Lord the glory due;
bow down in his splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails