Pages

google analytics

Thursday, March 13, 2014

At the End of the Pilgrimage


My feet are pilgrim sore
having climbed stone steps up to temple heights
and down into underground waterways beneath the city;
my face is red from desert winds and sun.

I have lit candles in the hushed and incensed air of churches
and muttered prayers at the western wall,
sung psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs
in the bus and on the boat.


I have seen far too much in too short a time;
how can I go home just now?
Next year in Jerusalem!

 photo TheWallsofJerusalemintheRain_zps7ea46f89.jpg

1 comment:

  1. You captured the emotions perfectly. The end of a trip to Israel feels just like this! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails