Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A New Hymn - While the King Is at His Table

One of the things I'm tying to do this year is to write new hymns (or at least new words for old hymn tunes).  Sometimes I think it must be awfully presumptuous of me, but I usually just try to ignore that particular voice in my head.

This song is based on Mary's anointing of Jesus in John 12: 1 - 11 and on Song of Songs 1: 2 (which I wrote  about earlier.)  The music is the hymn tune Eudoxia.  Feel free to use it as your own, if you like it.

While the King Is at His Table

While the king is at his
table full of grace,
I’ll pour out my perfume
with its strong fragrance.

He is God’s anointed;
I’ll anoint him too,
with this precious oil
and the love he’s due.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails