Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

One of Those Days - Grey and Rainy in December

Today has been one of those days.  Nothing much has gone right.  Nothing, mind you, has gone terribly wrong either.  The building has not burned down, the dog hasn't died...it's just one of those days that has sucked away whatever good feelings I might have had.

And the weather is fitted to the mood. It's a cold, rainy, foggy day in December.

So while I was out and about, doing one of the things that needed to be done (one of the things that cost me $160 that I hadn't expected to spend) I stopped to take some photographs.  I carry my camera with me just about all the time now - looking for pictures.  And I found some today.  Some very nice ones, I think.  These pictures won't change the events of today, or the consequences of the things that have happened, but they do help me to feel a bit better.  They have brought me some small measure of joy on this otherwise cheerless day.

These photos and several others that I have taken are available for purchase - either as a digital download ($2.99) or as a professional quality 2' X 3' canvas print ($211).  The money I raise from these sales is given to The Salvation Army of Newton, Iowa.



Rain on the Pines by Jeff Carter on 500px.com

Grass in December Rain by Jeff Carter on 500px.com

Berries in the Rain by Jeff Carter on 500px.com



1 comment:

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails