Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Biblical Limericks: In or Out, Jesus?


Which is it, Jesus? Help me, I’m vexed
by things that are written in John’s text -
first you’re not in this world,
then you’re not yet unfurled -
are you here or gone? I’m quite perplexed.



I’m no longer in the world, but they are in the world, even as I’m coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them in your name, the name you gave me, that they will be one just as we are one. When I was with them, I watched over them in your name, the name you gave to me, and I kept them safe. None of them were lost, except the one who was destined for destruction, so that scripture would be fulfilled.  Now I’m coming to you and I say these things while I’m in the world so that they can share completely in my joy.  – John 17: 11 – 13 CEB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails