Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Milkweed, Sunflowers, and Compost

I'm trying something new.

I'm not much of an agriculturalist. I have a terrible track record with plants; I kill most of them. But I think that I'd like to do more. I think that I'd like to try growing things. This year I've planted some sunflowers and some milkweed in the backyard. The milkweed is for the Monarch butterflies, the sunflowers are for me. Now I'm waiting to see if they'll sprout. Based on my previous experiences, I'm not exactly hopeful, but ... we'll see what happens.

And I've also made a composting crate; going to try my hand at making some humus (don't confuse that with hummus...)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails