Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Rapid Fire and Fifty

 

There are gross , sweaty men shouting vulgarities on the corner. You know how poor impulse control leads to swearing and fleeing the scene, fever dreams and a drive toward murder. Stand up strong with upraised fists. Stand up. But I am not so strong. I don’t want to be seen here. 

A life in danger, storming, cursing. What is not being said? Keep the hour open. Keep the light on. What do you want me to say? I don’t know why I am here.  

There are gunshots on the corner, rapid fire and fifty. Fragile small things are exploding around me and I cannot sleep at night. Doors open and doors close on human heartache. An absolute photograph of heavy dark and spinning stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails