Pages

google analytics

Saturday, November 21, 2015

My Christmas Red Kettle Playlist


I know. I know. In the past I've made a lot of noise about hating Christmas and have objected (strenuously objected) to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.  But this year, I have decided to try to relax a little. I'm going to try (TRY) to find the spirit of the season (even if I have to fake it a bit.)

In that course I have started playing Christmas songs, carols, hymns, and etc. at our Salvation Army Red Kettle. Below is my Christmas Red Kettle Playlist (at least my guitar playlist. I have another range of songs I use when I bring my horn). You may notice that are are some not-so Christmas type songs in there as well. Yeah, well... I like variety too.

We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Good Christian Men, Rejoice
God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
The Coventry Carol
The Holly and the Ivy
The Friendly Beasts
The First Nowell
Joy to the World
What Child Is This?
While Shepherds Watched their Flocks
A Virgin Unspotted
Once in Royal David’s City
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
As with Gladness Men of Old
Angels from the Realms of Glory
Masters in this Hall
I Saw Three Ships
The Snow Lay on the Ground
Baloo, Lammy
Away in the Manger (2 different melodies)
There’s a Song in the Air
It Came upon the Midnight Clear
O Little Town of Bethlehem
We Three Kings of Orient Are
Jingle Bells
Up on the Housetop
Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow
Mary Had a Baby
Go Tell it on the Mountain
Hush, My Babe, Lie Still and Slumber
Il Est Né, le Divin Enfant
What is this Perfume so Appealing?
O Holy Night
Ballad of Jesus
March of the Kings
Un Flambeau, Jeannette, Isabella
Oh How Joyfully
O Come, Little Children
While By My Sheep (Echo Carol)
Lo, How a Rose E’er Blooming
Silent Night
Still, Still, Still
When Christmas Morn is Dawning
Fum, Fum, Fum
Cold December Flies Away
La Jornada
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
O Come, All Ye Faithful
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
I Wonder as I Wander
Wind through the Olive Trees
Star of the East
Christmas Canon
Dona Nobis Pacem
Melchior and Balthazar
Evergreen (by Switchfoot)
All through the Night
I’ll Be Home for Christmas
Silver Bells
Winter Wonderland
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Do You Know the Song that the Angels Sang?
Do You Hear what I Hear?
Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
Christmas in Prison (by John Prine)
I Believe in Father Christmas (by Emmerson, Lake, and Palmer)
O Sacred King (by Matt Redman)
You’re a Mean One, Mister Grinch
Christmas All Over Again (by Tom Petty)
Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis (by Tom Waits)
Fairytale of New York (by The Pogues)
The Cry of the Poor
Canticle of the Turning
Jesus Borned in Bethlea
Wasn’t that a Mighty Day?
Lord of the Dance
Jesus Walked this Lonesome Valley
Just a Closer Walk with Thee
My Soul Gives Glory (by Michael Joncas)
Shalom Chaverim
We Are One in the Spirit
Peace Like a River
He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
Shenandoah
Blow the Man Down
E-ri-e Canal
Home on the Range
When Johnny Comes Marching Home
Down in the Valley
Shady Grove
Pay Me My Money Down
Gee, But I Want to Go Home
A Bicycle Built for Two
What Shall We Do with  the Drunken Sailor?
Do, Lord
This Train
Rock-a-My Soul
Take this Hammer
Down By the Riverside
When the Saints Go Marching In
Kookaburra
Drill, Ye Tarriers, Drill
Skip to My Lou
Fillimiooriay
John B.

Also in my playlist are a few songs that I've written myself:

Magnificat
Soon the Lord Will Come
Slap the Heretic
Lord, Set Our Hearts Aright
How Shall I Rise in Brightness?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails