Pages

google analytics

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Close the Door (What Happens Now?)




Less than an hour 
 Only a brief hesitation 
I can’t stay long
 In a house so full of frustration 
 Close the door. Nothing’s found 
 What happens now? 

 If I’ve delayed 
 Only a little, goodnight. 
What do you want? 
 I’m sorry most of the time. 
 Close the door. Walk away. 
 What happens now? 

 I open my eyes 
 On some bizarre dimension 
Watching the storms
 Of violent destruction 
 Close the door. Apologize. 
 What happens now?

It’s just a low-fi living room recording of a song I wrote. I flipped through my notebook and was surprised to realize that I’ve got about fifty songs that I’ve written in the past couple of years. Not quite sure what I should do with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails