Pages

google analytics

Friday, October 4, 2024

A Place Where the Rain Doesn't Fall

    This is a song about a couple of men that I knew a long time ago in another life. Bob I met in Rochester, Minnesota. And Rick I met in Danville, Illinois. I think about them sometimes, but I have no idea where either of them might be these days. 




Bob knows what he knows and it's hard to say more
He's lived in Saint Cloud and slept in Saint Paul
He was locked up in Mankato and run out of Duluth
He's homeless and ragged, but he knows what he knows

The public defender assigned to Rick's case
Can't do much for him when he's drunk at the trial
She pleads with the judge but he's thrown to the jail
He'll be sober as a stone as long as he's locked away

It's raining just now and I'm dry and I'm warm
With a hot cup of coffee and a roof over my head
But what about Rick I ask, and what about my friend Bob
He waits for the rain to stop until the library's closed

And then he'll look for a place where the rain doesn't fall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails