Pages

google analytics

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Say Good Morning While It Is Still Morning

 This little song began as another short ditty for my D&D bard character to sing, but as I carried the mail out and about this week, I greatly expanded it into something like a full song. 


Say good morning while it is still morning

Say it and be true
Then good morrow, now say good morrow
I'll share this blessing with you

I remember I used to go skipping
When I was a little boy
Now I'm grown up and grown older
I think I've forgotten that joy

There once was a kitten named Callie
Who came but she could not stay
She sat with me for a little while
Then she went far away

My daughter's gone over the ocean
My daughter's gone over the sea
She's been away such a long time
I think she's forgotten 'bout me

Sometimes we sing in the morning
Sometimes we sing at night
Sometimes we sing when we're lonely
And only the song feels right

If I were the King of Forever
Lord of time and space
I would give up that position and power
Just to see your sweet face

There's a verse in this song for my daughter
There's a verse here for a dead cat
I wrote a verse for my son as well
But I don't know where he's at

Say good morning while it is still morning
Say it and be true
Then good morrow, say good morrow
I'll share this blessing with you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails