Pages

google analytics

Monday, July 15, 2013

Flamingo Says I'm a Bird Person

Flamingo photo Flamingo_zpse7696c0a.jpgI don't usually think of myself as a "bird person."  I'm not a bird watcher, I don't sit in the backyard with a pair of binoculars and a copy of the National Audubon's Field Guide to North American Birds. And I'm certainly no ornithologist.

But, apparently I do like birds.  I find myself a little surprised by the number of posts I've made on this blog about birds.  I draw them, paint them, photograph them, write poems and music about them.  Apparently, I am something of a bird person.

Here's a flamingo.
I took this picture at the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines, Iowa.










And I can never (seriously never) see a flamingo and not start singing the Violent Femmes song:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails