Pages

google analytics

Friday, July 26, 2013

July Anomalies A – Z: World Rulers


It is not against flesh and blood that we enter the lists; we have to do with princedoms and powers, with those who have mastery of the world in these dark days, with malign influences in an order higher than ours. – Ephesians 6:12

Call me Pancras, for I hold everything. 
I ascend, when I will, into the heavens
and fly out again among the stars.
I fall like lightning.

Prince Albert may have ridden
on the back of giant tortoise,
and Prince George upon a walrus,
but I am the one who delivered to King Solomon
that magical ring

which enabled him to command the demons
and compel them to service,
and which gave him knowledge
of every human tongue.

I can do these things,
and much more besides,
for you as well.

I can raise up a pillar of air
or of fire, if you prefer.
I can bend stone
and transmutate the elements.

You have only to call upon me.

This is part of July Anomalies A-Z, a creative writing exercise and not intended to be an altogether accurate picture of the creature described above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails