Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July Anomalies A – Z: Thunder


I was sent from the Power
with lightning and with hail
and with the sound of a very loud trumpet,
I was sent.

Look at the sky,
I am there.
Hear me, hear me,
but do not wait for me to speak.

I am the silence that follows.
I am the burning smell of ozone.
I am the unpaid professional.

I am novels of war and songs of peace.
I am the richest of the poor
living in gold plated squalor.
I break cedars and shake deserts.

I am alone in the sky
unequalled among the many.
I go where I will, following the decrees
and the path that he laid down for me.

Over floods,
over kings,
over people with peace.
Tremble beneath my words.

Pray that the thunders cease
and will release you.
Stretch out your hands
and the rains will stop.

Let the sea, and all that it contains,
fish and great sea monsters give praise;
let the fields smile under their burdens.
The folds of your flesh may be solid,
but if thunder should strike?


This is part of July Anomalies A-Z, a creative writing exercise and not intended to be an altogether accurate picture of the creature described above.  It is based, somewhat, on the Gnostic text, Thunder, the Perfect Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails