There are more drawers in the curio cabinet than I expected. And more unsorted junk. Open a draw and pull out a sample.
His mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 2:22-23). That’s what they tell me, and I try to believe it – but why haven’t my morning glories bloomed yet?
Capitalism engenders pride – I did this. I deserve this.
Socialism engenders humility – I couldn’t have done this alone.
Broadly speaking of course, but I think it’s true. Still, an acquaintance of mine writes to tell me that, “Pride is the root of original sin, and it leads to greed. Socialism is a flawed philosophy since all humans bear the burden of original sin.” Perhaps he is right, but I wonder if he’d apply his analysis to capitalism as well…
Is So-and-So a prick or a prince? Hard to say – they’re usually the same.
It is what it is, until it isn’t. So on, and so what?


No comments:
Post a Comment